With its clever controls and amazing gameplay, FIFA 14 by EA Sports brings a delightful gaming experience to football fans. You’ll love the detailed graphics, the fluid animations, and the faithfulness with which players and teams are depicted; but to avoid performance issues you need a tablet with a fast CPU and plenty of RAM.
Outstanding graphics and animations: FIFA 14 by EA Sports looks fantastic on a tablet. The stadiums, the pitch, and the players all look highly realistic, having been modeled after their real-life counterparts. Also, the app interface as a whole makes a positive impression with its sleek look and smoothness.
Touch flow controls: The game gives you the option to choose between classic, joystick-like controls and touch flow controls that let you pass the ball with a tap, shoot or tackle with a slide, and point and move to guide players on the pitch. The responsiveness of these controls sets the game apart from other football simulators.
Immersive: You can build your own team, purchase first-rate players, change tactics, customize kits, and compete in tournaments. With Matchday Madness, you can play the fixtures your team is playing; the condition of the real players is reflected on the pitch.
Huge download: The app is more than 1.3GB, which means that if you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network, you won’t be able to get it unless you spend a fortune on your data plan.
Requires purchase: To unlock the Kick Off, Manager, and Tournament modes and enjoy all 33 leagues, 600 licensed teams, and over 16,000 players, you have to pay. It’s a small purchase for what you’re getting, though.
Steep learning curve: You need to put some good hours into this game before you can use all the touch controls, effortlessly.
If you love football, you can’t miss FIFA 14 by EA Sports. It’s so realistic and well-made that it will keep you glued to your screen for hours, even if you don’t buy the paid modes. We highly recommend this engaging app.
From Electronic Arts:
REAL PLAYERS. REAL TEAMS. REAL LEAGUES. Welcome to the most authentic football game for Android smartphones and tablets. Feel the excitement of every pass, shot, and tackle with new touch controls. Plus, live every moment of real-world football mastery with EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Get in there with FIFA 14!
FEEL THE PASSION
- Featuring 33 leagues, over 600 licensed teams, and more than 16,000 players. From the English Premier League and La Liga to the German Bundesliga and beyond. March toward glory in 34 authentic stadiums. Plus, for the first time on mobile, listen to commentaries in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish!
MATCH DAY MADNESS
- EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day lets you follow the heartbeat of your favorite club. Play along with real-world fixtures from top leagues. Every injury, suspension, and change in team form is reflected in-game – keeping you connected wherever you are!
BUILD YOUR ULTIMATE TEAM
- Earn and trade, or buy and sell FIFA players to create your own fantasy team. Choose your play style, formation, kits, and more. Compete in tournaments to earn coins, then spend them on new players and items to improve your team. Play for free or purchase packs. The choices are endless!
INUITIVE NEW TOUCH CONTROLS
- Hold and drag players to move them around the field, tap to pass, swipe to shoot – and more! FIFA 14’s new Touch Flow Controls put the excitement of playing the world’s most popular sport at your fingertips – literally.
ROCK OUT – FIFA STYLE
- Featuring a killer soundtrack with the hottest artists, from Empire of the Sun to Vampire Weekend. It’s an epic playlist only FIFA can bring you!